Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stew Dried Black Fungus 焖木耳

When you are in overseas, you will tend to get extra hyper when you saw something that used to be so common when you are ay home...
For example, Milo! Indomie!山楂饼! Ping pong brand biscuit!鲳鱼!...-.-.. =D
You will also can get a bit hyper with those uncommon things/ unfavourite/ soso items  that you used to have when you are at home
For me, they are like Nescafe Coffee, AikCheong Coffee..and 黑木耳 (Black Wood Ear)
Without thinking too much I bought the Black Wood Ear from the Chinese Market..
I am not always a fans to this food..
Well, anyway, I got it and I don't want to waste it..
So, I called my mum how to cook it..I came with my own idea..
Here, I present you...Stew Dried Black Fungus/ Black Wood Ear
^^


























Ingredients:
IA
50g Black Wood Ear (Soaked into hot water to soften, then cut the root out)
1 1/2 cup of Water
2 inchs of Ginger 

IB
50g minced pork
1/2 tsp of Tsao Xing Wine
4 drops of sesame oil
1 tsp of garlic powder or chopped garlic

Seasoning
1tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1tbsp of Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp of Tsao Xing Wine
some pepper


Steps:
1. Mixed well IB and marinate it for 20-30 mins
2.In the cooking pot, add 1-2 tsp of oil, then add ginger till it fragment.
3. Add soften Black Wood Ear and  into the pot and cover up.
4. Add IB into the pot when it is ready, then add the seasoning. 
5. Stew the dish at low heat for more than 3 hours/ when it is super soft.
6. Serve!

Tips:
1.Used boiled water to soften the Black Wood Ear, but don't boiled it!
2. This dish will take a LONG time..so, cook it in a weekend =)
3. Be aware of the water in the pot! You can stew a dish without enough water in it or you will burn it. 
4. You can add Tofu Pok if you want. I am adding them in it here =D

Indeed after doing some research on it, I found out that it is actually good especially women because it helps to improve your skins condition, helps in blood circulation, helps in prevention iron deficiency anemia. However, this is not too suitable for pregnant women. =)

Good Luck! Happy Cooking!



2 comments:

  1. looks so tempting *slurps* didnt know have to stew for 3 hours :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. @josie: good things always require patience...but you can buy 云耳to substitute it..because it is softer than 木耳..so u dont have to stew for so long =)

    ReplyDelete